Welcome to our 2021 CSA season! We are growing over 130 acres of vegetables, and the best way to experience the extent of a farm’s produce is to be a CSA member. This will be our tenth year offering a CSA. The past nine years have been a great success with overwhelming positive feedback from our members. Our farm has an excellent reputation for growing extremely high-quality, delicious produce for a very reasonable price, and we extend this into our CSA offering.
Gresczyk Farms’ 2021 CSA will run for 18 weeks from the week of June 21 until the week of October 18.
What do I get in the 2021 CSA?
Each week in the CSA program, members receive a selection of produce that we choose based off of what we are harvesting in the fields for that given week. We feature our own home-grown produce and cage-free eggs. In addition, some weeks we also include berries from our farm and local fruit grown to our standards.
Bruce Jr., the farm's head grower, writes a weekly handout that gives great recipes and facts about the produce in order to help you know how to use a lot of the vegetables we offer.
Being part of our CSA gives you the best vegetables and the widest variety of produce available. Have you had blue potatoes? Love Heirloom tomatoes? Can't get enough CT-grown sweet corn? Know you need to be eating more salads and all those healthy anti-oxidant rich vegetables? You will love our vegetable selection, quality and taste.
Gresczyk CSA Share Size and Options
● Full Share: This share size will provide a weekly supply of produce and eggs equal to or exceeding $28. It is great for a household that frequently eats large quantities of vegetables. The cost for a full share is $500.
Curious to see what is in a weekly full share? Click here to see the 2020 CSA Full Shares.
● Partial Share: This share size will provide a weekly supply of produce and eggs equal to or exceeding $17. It is great for a household likes to eat vegetables. The cost for a partial share is $300.
Curious to see what is in a weekly partial share? Click here to see the 2020 CSA Partial Shares.
● CSA Delivery: 18 weeks delivery adds $100. This delivery fee is in addition to the CSA share
Delivery is available in the following towns: Avon, Canton, Bristol, Burlington, Farmington*, New Hartford, West Hartford*, Plainville*, Southington*, and Simsbury*. In towns marked with a *, some locations may not be in our range, please send your address to us before signing up to be sure you are within our range. Please contact us it you do not see your town on this list and still wish to join. If we are able to get more interest from your town we may be able to add it to our route.
See delivery handout for more details.
Early Payment Discount Policy: Payments made in January receive a 5% discount, 4% in Februrary, 3% in March and 2% in April. Discount is on the payment made within the designated month. For example, if you pay $100 towards your share in January, you only have to pay $95, but $100 is credited towards your share.
All CSA shares receive:
1) a weekly email listing your CSA share for the week.
2) a weekly handout with recipes and other useful information about your produce.
3) an annual 5% discount off all Garden Center and Farm Store sales that starts with the 2021 CSA and ends with the start of the 2022 CSA. (This 5% includes Christmas trees! Bu it does not include CSA share purchases).
4) participation in farm events exclusive to CSA members such as Pick-Your-Own tomatoes.
5) a weekly special item from our farm store offered at a discount only to CSA members.
6) a reuseable CSA bag to pick up your weekly share.
CSA pick-ups during COVID-19
Our CSA pick up station is located to the right side of our Farm Store. It is manned and ready to distribute shares during the designated pick up hours. We ask that all members practice social distancing of at least 6ft between groups while picking up shares. Please wear a mask and follow the guidelines issued by government agencies. If you have any reason to think you might be ill please stay home and we will make arrangements for you or use our curbside pick up option. We look forward to a time where we can ease these restrictions. (With the CSA starting in June this is
subject to change.)
And we offer curbside pick-up for CSA shares as well. When you arrive to pick-up your share, call the farm store and we will bring your share to your car.
The most flexible CSA around
We believe our CSA is the most flexible to make it as convenient and enjoyable as possible for you!
Choose the most convenient pick-up day and location for you.
We offer a very flexible selection of pick-up days and locations.
Participants can pick up their shares at the following days and locations:
Never miss a share due to work, family or leisure obligations.
We ask that when signing up for our CSA you choose a day and location. However, during the season you are free to make adjustments per week as your schedule changes. We ask that you let us know before your CSA pick-up so we can reschedule you for a more convenient day and location that week. For more information about missing shares, please read our 2021 CSA Membership Agreement.
Don't worry about ever missing a share due to vacation.
If you are away and have to skip a week, please notify us by 7AM on the morning of your share pick-up day, and you have four great options:
1. You can have a friend or relative pick up and enjoy your share
2. We can give you a double share the following week
3. We can give you two shares in one week (for example one share on Monday and one on Friday)
4. We can give you store credit for the original weekly amount.
You won't be stuck with veggies you don't like.
While we always encourage you to try all the vegetables we grow - hey a farm fresh pepper tastes different than the peppers in the grocery store! - if you get a vegetable you dislike in your box weekly share, we allow you to exchange it for another Gresczyk Grown produce of equal value during your pick up. You may trade up to two items each week, with additional items allowed for those with food allergies.
High value for your dollar
Each week your CSA newsletter details the value of the contents of your CSA share. Over the season you will receive approximately 33% more goodies than you pay for. That is excellent value!
Like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/Gresczyk
860 LitchField Turnpike
New Hartford, CT 06057
860 482 3925
Spring Hours (on now!)
Monday - Saturday: 9am - 7pm
Sunday: 9am - 6pm
Get the latest info on new arrivals, discounts and farm happenings!